Well, it seems someone at Salon is a little pissy over the justifiable concern conservatives have that Obama, with nearly 150 executive orders so far, is now considering an executive gun grab.
No surprise panties at Salon (as reliable as Hawker or your Manley back) are wadded up over the “crazy and fascist” orders they think conservatives are unjustifiably concerned about but, lying about and minimizing the impact of a gun ban on the Holocaust is pretty low, even for them.
I posted yesterday the comparison to Hitler is justified mainly because of this.
“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” -Joseph Stalin
“The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so. Indeed I would go so far as to say that the underdog is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let’s not have any native militia or police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order.” – Adolf Hitler
And Obama’s number one law man.
And these executive orders specifically designed to restrict liberties. Nothing to see here, the president is all about the Constitution and would never, ever…
* Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
* Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
* Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.
* Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
* Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions.
* Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
* Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
* Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations.
* Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.
* Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issues over a fifteen-year period.
* Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
* Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
* Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit, and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
To minimize conservative concern by merely declaring it laughably crazy and fascist is missing the point in typical liberal fashion but, to gloss over Hitler’s gun control is absurd historical revisionist spin that makes sense, in Salon’s words, only if you think about it for less than a minute.
In the article, Salon states the following.
“In his 1994 book, NRA head Wayne LaPierre dwelled on the Hitler meme at length, writing: “In Germany, Jewish extermination began with the Nazi Weapon Law of 1938, signed by Adolf Hitler.”
Read a the rest here.Follow @Panic_Report